This is one of the most active rooms in a home and a place where we literally begin and end our day. Now I know many of you are cringing just thinking about this room…And it is a room. There are many things we can do to make this space look and feel like a spa where you can go to melt away the stresses of the day.Below are some simple tips to feng shui your bathroom.
This is an area where all things end up. And I mean ALL things. This tends to overwhelm the body and place the mind in a state of chaos;the opposite of what this space should do for us. Here are a few simple tips to clear the clutter from surfaces in the bathroom.
1. Purchase some natural baskets from your local home store. Place the baskets beneath the sink cabinet and use them as storage containers. You can store everything from your blow dryer, brushes, make-up, shaving equipment, etc. Basically anything you use in a bathroom can be stored in these baskets.
2. Go through your medicine chest and throw out anything that is expired.
3. Throw out old toothbrushes.
4. Discard expired creams or empty bottles of shampoo.
5. Get rid of old tatter towels or rugs and replace them with a fresh comfortable look.
6. Purchase some pure essential oils and soaps and display them on counter or bathtub.
7. Don’t forget to add some fluffy white towels on towel rack or simply roll them and place them in a basket.
8. Add a few natural soy or palm candles.
The application of the feng shui ba-gua to the floor plan will indicate what direction your bathroom (s) are located in. Know that bathrooms have a draining energy, as there is constant flushing of waste water. The key then is to know the directional portent the bathroom (s) reside in and work to incorporate proper imagery, elements and color to activate the life aspiration yet hold back the draining aspect.
East or Southeast: Think lots of wood energy here to assist the portent yet hold back the draining water. Plants and green colors will do the trick.
South – Southwest or Northeast: Get the earth going here. You can use fire colors, earth colors and think lots of tile or granite. This will work a sheng cycle with direction yet dam the water of the bathroom.
Center of structure: This is the most unfavorable area for waste water. Add as much earth element as possible to a bathroom or even a laundry room located here.
West or Northwest: Add wood. The direction is naturally fueling the water energy of the bathroom by adding wood elements you will effectively drain all that water.
Repair all leaks in a bathroom and make sure your toilet and sink fixtures are in good working order and luxurious looking. Following these simple guidelines and you will create a healthier and attractive looking bathroom. Every time you enter this room you will feel great!
For more information on how to feng shui bathrooms order my Feng Shui Designs in a Flash CD by visiting:http://www.fengshuiyoganj.com./index.php/publications/publications
Have a great Day!
Mary Jane Kasliner - Feng Shui Master & Yoga Teacher