|Washington State - 2011|
The body and space is constantly interacting and formulating our life experience. Therefore, if we manipulate one aspect the other should follow. So how can we manipulate both body and space and build self confidence? Well, the first thing we need to do is identify what part of the body and space is directly associated with self esteem.
Manipura - Solar Plexus Chakra:
There are 7 primary energy centers (chakras) in the body that lie deep inside near the spine. The solar plexus or third chakra known as manipura is the fire chakra and responsible for the birth of prana or life force energy. This chakra is directly associated with self-confidence, self -esteem and our ability to be assertive when we need to be. Getting this chakra into balance is important when it comes to feeling self assured. Here are a few ways to strengthen this chakra and keep it balanced.
1. Yoga poses such as cobra, bow, boat or any abdominal focus exercise is perfect to wake up this chakra. Diaphragm breathing techniques are also very beneficial.
2. Color infusion meditation to this chakra point is also effective. Visualizing a source of bright yellow energy and allowing it to wash over the solar plexus area will effectively re-energize this chakra.
3. Chanting the sound of "Rum" will balance this chakra through the vibration of sound.
Home Points to Wake up Self-Confidence:
The points we look to in the home are fire related and the overall qi flow. Therefore, the south portent, main floor, and evaluation of qi flow within the space are all areas to focus on for self- confidence. Here are a few suggestions.
1. Locate the southern portent in your space and make sure it is in a sheng cycle (harmonious) with the elements and design. In other words, you mostly want to see wood and fire design qualities in this area. Too much earth, metal or water will challenge this area and squelch the energy. As a result it will restrict the qi within your own body that relates to fire in the body. This includes the heart, eyes, small intestines and the manipura chakra.
2. Make sure energy is able to flow easily and uninterrupted in your space. Especially when it comes to the southern portent. Since the chakra manipura is the birth of life force qi or energy, then qi must be able to flow freely in your space and body. Therefore, the easiest thing to do is remove any clutter or excessive furnishings. This will effectively restore normal qi flow.
3. Make sure your main level is addressed first, as this area corresponds to the solar plexus in the human body. So check the south portent and make sure your clutter in under control. Since the front door most likely is on this level, then make sure it is functioning properly and open to receive beneficial outdoor qi to grace the indoor space.
Here's to a boost in self-confidence!
Mary Jane Kasliner - Feng Shui Master & Yogi
President Body Space Alignment