All Work No Play
All work and no play leads to an unbalanced life. Unfortunately during these economic times many are working more than one job leaving very little time for pleasure. Having fun or simply finding time to do what you want to do is so important for your physical and mental health. With that being said, below are a few simple things you can do to attract more fun in your life.
What to do Feng Shui Wise:
1. Clear out any clutter in the western portent of your home.
2. If you need a fresh coat of paint, then choose earthy or metallic colors. These elements will fuel this sector that is all about Fun! Make sure you choose a paint that is organic or one with no VOC's to help keep your indoor air quality healthy.
3. Place some earth elements (stones) or metal designs in this area. Once again these elements are friendly to this direction creating a sheng and assisting cycle respectively.
4. Place some fun images here. Perhaps hobby items or anything that brings you pleasure. For example, you can keep it really simple and place a few yoga mats in a metal basket here to remind you to have some down time. That is of course if yoga is your thing.
Activate the Naval Chakra:
The chakras are energy centers that allow life force energy (prana/qi) to flow in and out of the aura.Their function is to vitalize the physical body and bring about development of self-consciousness.
There are 7 main chakras that align the spine. When shakti energy is flowing it feeds the chakras and helps to keep them balanced. Unfortunately, most people are walking around with one or more of their chakras out of alignment. For the purpose of this blog I am going to focus on the sacral chakra.
The sacral chakra offers us the opportunity to infuse balance in our lives. The process of making choices streams right through this chakra center. This chakra is located in the lower abdomen to the naval, associated with the color orange, and honors our creativity, relationships, and the ability to let go. There are many other aspects to this chakra but I would like to focus on ways to activate it so you can bring some pleasure into your life.
Activating Naval Chakra:
Here are a few ways you can activate this chakra.
1. Meditation: Sit or lie in a comfortable position and tune into the breath. Once you find the rhythm and flow of the breath, then begin to focus on your naval area. Infuse the color orange into this area. See this color fill the entire space between the lower abdomen and your naval. Now begin to see this ball of orange energy spin. You should sense some heat and a tingling sensation. You may remain in this meditation for 10 minutes.
2. Stones: Try placing either Moonstone, Citrine or Orange Tourmaline on the sacral area and just allow the vibration of the stone to calibrate this chakra.
3. Exercise: Pelvic thrusts or circular pelvic movements help to exercise this chakra point. There are many yoga poses that will also stimulate this chakra. For example, hip openers are the best type of pose to naturally energize this area.
4. Food: Feed your sacral chakra with sweet fruits, honey, nuts or spices.
Have some fun with the aforementioned recommendations and watch how much joy you will experience in your life.
Mary Jane Kasliner - Feng Shui Master & Yoga Teacher
Body Space Alignment