Japanese Gardens Oregon
After taking this picture I noticed the upward dancing tree qi (energy). The spirit of trees is amazing. The famous poet, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow writes in his poem A Day of Sunshine, how trees sound like a celestial symphony. There is so much we can learn from trees and by reaffirming our connection to them we can embrace their wisdom. Here are just a few things we can capture from tree energy.
- To be flexible in life. A tree's flexible branches allow it to withstand fierce weather. In flexibility there is strength and resilience. If we maintain a flexible position in our attitude and viewpoint, then we will naturally see eye-to-eye with others.
- Acceptance. Trees are always changing, shedding leaves, spreading their roots and sprouting new shoots. This is what keeps them alive and filled with vitality. If you accept that change is part of the natural order of all things, then your life will morph into a new vitality and zest for living.
- Take a firm stance. The deeper a trees root system the stronger it becomes. Find what you believe in and take a firm stance. By setting your roots deep success is imminent.
Ways to bring Tree Energy into Your Life:
- Include landscape artwork in your environment
- Incorporate green color hues especially in the East, SE and South areas of your home
- Choose real wood flooring and furniture
- Add health plants and flowers as accent décor
- Hug a tree
- Sit under a tree
- Take a walk in the park
- Go for a hike
- Stand in tree pose and breathe...
For more inspiring ways to learn how the power of nature can change your life read my book Mother Nature a Bridge to Conscious Living.
Mary Jane Kasliner