Life is awakening all around us with spring in the air. This is a time for new beginnings inside and out. I love to begin by rearranging my rooms and freshening up the environment with a good cleaning and space clearing. It feels great to open the windows and recharge my surroundings with a shot of Mother Nature. Here are a few things I suggest to freshen up the energy in your environment:
- Wash drapery and hang lighter linens to treat the windows
- Sweep away the dust and other stagnancy by cleaning your floors
- Wash all bedding
- Rearrange your rooms so they take on a new fresh look
- Touch up wall paint
- Take your indoor plants outside and give them a good washing
- Burn incense and spray essential oils
What we do on the outside of our environment is just as important as the inside. Here are a few simple tips:
- Take out the broom and sweep away leaves that found their way into the corners of your deck, patio or yard.
- Trim your hedges, bushes and trees of any dead branches
- Place fresh soil in your planters
- Wash off the outdoor furnishings
- Hang a flag, birdfeeder or chime
- Plant fresh blooms or herbs
There are so many things you can do to uplift the energy in your surroundings this spring and kick your internal energy up a notch. The above are just a few things you can think about doing. For a DIY professional guide to recharge all the rooms in your home and your property see my Feng Shui Designs in a Flash CD! Just scroll down past my other publications to order.