Every season is represented by one of the 5 Chinese elements. October, the season of Autumn, is primarily the element of metal with water building beneath in anticipation of winter's arrival. Metal is contractive, inward pull, settles, calms, and consolidates. You may notice some, if not all these qualities arising in your body and mind. Working with the qualities of metal with a flowing nature aspect of water on the horizon, bodes exceptionally well in aligning your energy. Keeping your energy regulated during the seasons is a bit easier when your environment and diet are in harmony with nature. Here are a few tips to guide you:
- Clean up and organize the outside landscaping especially in the west, northwest and north areas (metal to fuel the water with winter on the heels).
- Work with metal and water elements in your indoor environment in the west, northwest and north directions respectively. For more information on what these design qualities are see my Feng Shui Designs in a Flash publication.
- Become more introspective and contemplative about your life. Seek the truth and justice from self and others.
- Eat more metal and water foods such as onions, fennel, rice, turnips, garlic, radish, fish, beans, and walnuts are just a few elemental food choices.
- Take time to get quiet and center yourself as this is the season of air or vatta as well so the tendency is for confusion and anxious feelings.
For more information on feng shui applications see my publications pageor see my mini feng shui series for starters!
Mary Jane Feng Shui Yoga Girl: www.fengshuiyoganj.com