Tips for Your Feng Shui Thursdays!
Let's talk about natural accents. It's amazing how you can find harmony in nature's own palette. "Nature's first green is gold, " wrote the American poet Robert Frost in his 1923 ode to the fleeting natural world. Gold is the element of metal, and a perfect accent during the season of autumn. Making subtle adjustments to your décor seasonally is an excellent way to celebrate the simplicity and oneness with the outdoors. Here are some examples of how you can invite mother nature inside.
- Gold decorative mobile hung near a window or air vent for natural movement.
- Macramé wall art unframed or framed in gold accent.
- Bleached wood accent table. The lighter finish puts the focus on subtler natural details like the wood's grain and helps to keep key pieces together harmoniously.
- Hand woven natural fiber area rug.
- Accent metal trays for coffee table.
- Florals rich in color with gold/yellow accents and of course vibrant greens.
When you work with the accents of nature in décor, you invite harmony into your life. From the words of John Muir; "Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees."
Mary Jane Feng Shui Yoga Girl: www.fengshuiyoganj.com