The solar New Year is nearly here! Stay tuned for my Earth Pig 2019 analysis. In the meantime, it's a perfect time to assess your environment and work out the kinks. Here is a quick reference list that can help keep things balanced.
1. Clear out your clutter. Sorting through wardrobes, drawers and cabinets and throwing out all that accumulated stuff will allow the things you need and treasure to breathe. Better yet, you'll know there is order even in the hidden places.
2. Visit the local dump about twice a year to get rid of those bulky objects that are an eyesore every time you catch sight of them. When you finish the job, take some time to chill out, relax and have a tasty meal.
3. Give to a consignment shop or thrift store. This is a great way to give back to the community while releasing what no longer serves a purpose for you. It also follows the law of karma - selfless acts that flow good things your way.
4. Recycle. It is rather shocking the amount of waste that we produce. It stresses the planet and disrupts our links with nature. Recycle everything you can. In the process, you will recycle your thinking patterns.
5. Get through your backlog of chores. Try starting early in the morning and moving through all the chores you have put off. Take a short break for lunch and continue moving through the process. You'll feel great when you are done and any downtime from this point onward will feel doubly relaxing.
6. Change up the chores around the house by rotating with your partner or children. You might just find a fresh eye brought to regular household routines that will reveal efficiency and joy.
7. Rearrange the furniture. Experiment with new circulation routes. Break the grip of habit upon your domestic surroundings. You'll be amazed how different things will look and feel. It will give you a new perspective on life.
8. Clean your windows. Smears and other marks on glass may seem trivial, but they interpose themselves between you and the outside world. The windows are considered the eyes of the home and the eyes are the windows to the soul.
Enjoy managing your Environment!
Mary Jane - Feng Shui Yoga Girl - www.fengshuiyoganj.com