Thursday, March 8, 2012
In feng shui the front door is one of the top four aspects that can impact health and prosperity. With that being said it behooves us to pay attention to what's going on with the front door. Below is a simple check-list to follow to spruce up this very important energy catcher for the home.
1. Make sure the front door is proportionate in size to the structure.
2. Hinges, locks, doorknobs and knockers should all be fully functional without any hindrances. The front door represents the mouth and temporomandibular joint in the human body so any infractions to this area can show up as health challenges here.
3. Go ahead and hang a decorative wreath or family crest on the door. It will not only look attractive but draw beneficial energy towards your entrance.
4. Mount sconce lighting on either side of the front door. This will effectively draw energy towards the entrance to navigate into the structure.
5. Think a wooden door as oppose to a glass door. The very structure of wood elicits a secure and powerful feeling.
6. Create a curving pathway leading up to the front door. This will allow energy to meander quietly to grace the structure.
7. Hang a chime or flag no closer than 6 feet to the door to attract beneficial energy to the structure. It also looks and sounds appealing.
8. Work with a good facing direction for the structure and the occupants. This is based on compass school theories of the bazhai method.
9. Place some healthy vegetation around the front entrance area. Make sure this vegetation is year round friendly.
10. Work with the proper elements according to the facing direction and five element theory.
So there you have it. The top ten front door tips for health and prosperity.Here's to a better looking front door!
Mary Jane Kasliner - Feng Shui Master and Yogi
President - Body Space Alignment