Clear it Out!
By: Mary Jane Kasliner
Do you ever feel like a gray cloud is constantly hovering over you? Do you feel no matter what you do it seems to be a struggle? One of the most common reasons for stagnancy in life is clutter. When energy is stuck in a physical sense it has far reaching effects on every aspect of our being. It has a tendency to throw us off track in life, question our direction, and to trigger emotional, physical and spiritual malaise. On some level, your mind is aware of what is going on. On another level it is the subconscious mind’s way of avoiding what needs to be done.
For our life to work well it is necessary to clear the clutter and make room for new energy to propagate. Part of this process is to disengage from the emotional attachment we have with the objects we possess. The trick is to make any honest assessment about the objects in your space and the emotional strain it is having on the flow of your life. When we understand that every part of the human life experience is encapsulated within our home through design, images, symbols, sounds and smells, we can then assess whether these objects add value to our life or keep us physically and emotionally stuck.
Take action now to energize your space and begin a life filled with abundance by following these simple guidelines. You will feel empowered by your ability to control your space, feel lighter, realize new opportunities, and move through life more effortlessly.
1. Take a tour of your home and record the clutter zones of each room.
2. Note how you feel when you look at your possessions. Do you have a positive reaction or a negative one?
3. Create a system for discarding unwanted, broken, return, or donation items.
4. Set an intention as you remove unwanted items. You are now energetically opening up to attracting new desires into your life.
5. Take breaks during the clutter-clearing session to recharge your energy.
6. Strive for a cleared, simple, natural and uncluttered feel.
7. Make sure each room has at least two strong light sources.
8. Add pizzazz to each room with accents (i.e.: fresh coat of paint, flowers, seashells, or plant).
9. Re-think your furniture positioning and create open and inviting seating arrangements.
10. Locate the East direction in your home and place a healthy plant and other wood elements (green colors, floral designs, columnar shapes or wood accent pieces). This is a direction that sparks “New Beginnings.”
11. Space clear each room for a fresh revitalized feel by spraying pure essential oils.
12. Let go, have fun and live simply.
Once you begin the process of aligning your space, you will naturally increase the energy level of the structure and in turn, your personal energy will heighten. You will naturally be drawn to healthier eating habits, physical habits and spiritual habits. You have a choice to change your life through the design of your space. What are you waiting for?
© by Mary Jane Kasliner ~ All rights reserved.
About the Author:
Mary Jane Kasliner is a professional Accredited Feng Shui Consultant of the London Institute and Nationally Certified in Hatha Yoga. She is the owner of Body Space Alignment and the Teaching Tortoise School of Feng Shui. She has received world-wide media coverage by the Associated Press and CN8 Television. Mary Jane is the author of Love, Happiness And Feng Shui, The Feng Shui Connection To A Healthy Life, Mother Nature a Bridge to Conscious Living, 16 Feng Shui CD’s and part of a team of writers producing an 8 book series known as Project Destiny. She is a Red Ribbon member of the International Feng Shui Guild and held the Jersey Shore Director position for two years. Mary Jane can be reached by calling: 732-695-2575 or visiting her website: www.fengshuiyoganj.com or www.njfengshuitraining.com.