Today the yin fire stem combines with the sheep branch for a sheng cycle of fire building earth. Thoughts or mental processes meld with your actions today. Remain sure-footed with intuition and take initiative to follow through on any business leads that come your way. Take an assertive position in projects today and play down any weaknesses you may think you have.
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
More and more people are working from home making this room one of the top four important rooms in feng shui. Since a home office has contact with the outside world, it is best to position it in the yang side of the home (front). However, when it comes to locating this room it is also an ideal opportunity to locate it in your personal ming gua direction for success. See how to locate your personal best location in my book; The Feng Shui Connection to a Healthy Life. If that is not feasible, then aligning your desk to face your personal prosperity point is also very auspicious. It is extremely important however you do not compromise command to door entrance. Below are some simple yet highly effective guidelines for designing a healthy office:
- Use natural materials for furnishings
- Incorporate plants to purify the air
- Decorate on the yang side
- Incorporate appropriate symbolism pertaining to your career
- Include a water feature (fountain or fish)
- Avoid right harsh angles
- Create a good tortoise wall for behind your desk
- Avoid sitting under ceiling beams
- Keep ergonomics in mind
- Natural light source complimented with incandescent or full spectrum lighting
For more details on how to create a healthy and prosperous environment refer to my book: The Feng Shui Connection to A Healthy Life or any of my Mini Feng Shui Series!
Mary Jane Kasliner
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Still-lifes of found objects such as driftwood, stones, even pieces of glass, not only make a focus for contemplation -for example, on a low coffee table or hanging on a wall, but also evoke the walk when you find found them, thus conjuring up leisure time. Such relics of the world outside help to ground a room in nature. Other examples might include seashells, pebbles in a bowl or feathers arranged on a decorative tray. Any time you can infuse elements of nature into your décor your environment will vibrate at a higher frequency. This bodes well for sound mind, body and spirit.
Mary Jane Kasliner
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
The Vernal Equinox: What Are You Awakening in Yourself?
Balance & Potential
The vernal equinox is a balance between yin and yang, water and fire, the moon and sun and dark and light. The balance between these interdependent polarities catapults change to cultivate and manifest your desires. This is the beginning of a growing period not only in nature but for the human spirit. There is a natural transference of energy inside and out from spirit to matter. What is within is flowing towards manifestation. Just think of the seedlings within the earth flowing to manifest as blooming flowers.
This blending of energy is expansive, upward moving and fueled with vitality. This is why it is so important to focus on what you want to grow in your life. Whatever you bring into your thoughts will grow ten-fold. It is important to move forward with this energy and actualize manifesting energy into physical matter.
Religions & The Vernal Equinox:
- Conception and pregnancy leading to birth 6 months later at the time of the winter solstice. The bible seems to contain internal evidence that Jesus Christ was born in the fall of the year. However, early Christians set his birthday, Christmas, at the approximate time of the winter solstice in order to match existing Pagan celebrations. That would have placed his conception 9 months earlier, near the time of the vernal equinox.
- Victory of God and light (or life, rebirth, resurrection) over the powers of darkness (death).
- The descent of goddess or god into the underworld for 3 days. This is also referred to as the "Harrowing of Hell".
Overall, most people value the worldwide variety of celebrations in March and April because they demonstrate diversity of religious belief in humanity.
Meditation Questions During the Vernal Equinox:
Christina Garofalo - Hawaii
Whether during yoga practice, relaxation or sitting in meditation, the following are some questions you might consider. Don't force the question but rather hold it lightly and trust the answer will rise to your subconscious.
- Who am I becoming?
- What do you wish to increase in your life?
- What would you like to release?
- How can I assist others?
- What can I contribute to mankind?
- How can I help the earth?
- What is awakening within?
Vernal Equinox Yoga Poses:
Spring cleaning isn't limited to your environment. Your body needs some cleansing as well. Here's a nice set of poses that will do just that. Try to hold each pose for 5 - 8 breaths. You can repeat this series two to three times.
- Chair Pose - Utkatasana
- Revolved Chair - Parvaritta Utkatasana
- Upward Salute - Urdhva Hastasana
- Supported Standing Backbend
- Side-bending Mountain Pose - Parsva Tadasana
- Mountain Pose -Tadasana with Prayer hand over heart
- Standing Forward Fold - Uttansana
Organizing Your Environment:
The importance of a clean and organized environment can't be stressed enough. Your surroundings reflect YOU. Do you like what you see, hear, smell, touch and what you feel in general? What is your higher self telling you about your surroundings? Are you tuned in enough to notice? These are some simple yet profound questions to contemplate. If you want to move forward with the resurgence of energy from the spring equinox, it is paramount your surroundings can link into this vitality.
Clutter Removal Tips:
There are lots of simple ways to clear your environment but none of them should be implemented until your surroundings are organized and free of clutter. Here are a few tips on how to clear out your stuff.
- Determine what items you do not use or love in your environment, then get rid of them.
- Note objects that are in disrepair. Either fix them or dispose of them.
- Determine the amount of furnishings in your environment. Less is definitely more!
- Take action and commit to a timeframe to organize your surroundings.
- Develop a system to organize the items in your environment (i.e. color coding bags or boxes).
- Start with the most important rooms such as your bedroom or office.
- Make sure you have proper storage solutions.
- Have fun and maintain your environment with monthly updates.
Refreshing Your Environment:
Once your environment is up to snuff in terms of organization, then it's time to refresh. Using essential oils, incense or sound vibration are powerful ways to transmute the energy in your environment so you can return it to its pristine state. Here are just a few simple ways to refresh the energy.
- Choose a pure essential oil that you love and place a few drops in a glass bottle (preferably dark glass), and add pure water to it. Spray generously around your environment and infuse it with intention.
- Grab your favorite chime or tincture bells and walk around your environment while ringing them. Sound vibration has a tremendous impact on elevating the energy frequency.
- Purchase your favorite smelling incense and let it burn periodically throughout your home.
Tapping Into the Wood Element
The wood element represents the season of spring, guards the liver and controls the earth. Yang or positive wood represents live branches in nature whereas yin or negative wood represents lumber used to build things. The seeds in nature are considered yin while the actual flower blooms are considered yang.
Personality of Wood:
Wood is confident, ethical with high morals and standards. Expansive by nature, wood people tend to do things on a grand scale. Interest are wide and varied making them perfect to take on large projects and see them to completion. Wood people have the ability to convince others to join forces with them. They can branch out into many different fields and constantly looking to continue their education. It is also easy for a wood person to find finances needed whenever possible. The main shortcoming of wood people is they tend to bite off more than then can chew. This can result in unfinished business or not achieving a satisfactory result.
Since wood is strong during the vernal equinox, you can take advantage of the aforementioned qualities and infuse them into your situation. However, it is best you support your environment in wood appropriate areas to capitalize on this fortuitous element.
Wood Directions & Symbols:
The wood element is strong in the east, southeast and supportive to the south direction. Therefore, it bodes well to add wood qualities to these directional portents in your home or office environment. Here are a few ideas:
- Floral designs
- Columnar shapes
- Wood furnishings
- Writing material
- Landscape scenes
For more ideas, symbols, life representation, and how to position these items in your environment see my Feng Shui Designs in a Flash CD. Simply scroll down my publications page to purchase this most popular Feng Shui CD!
Trees & What We Can Learn from Them
Trees are considered the strongest element of wood that frame life. They are the largest living piece of creation on the planet with over 100,000 species in the world covering over 9 billion acres. Their spreading roots, sturdy trunk, and flexible branches are essential to our well being in so many ways. They fuel this planet with oxygen, keep soil from eroding, mark the seasons, have healing qualities and provide a canopy and habitat for wildlife. We have so much to learn from our standing brothers and sisters. Here are just a few things:
- To be flexible in life
- To take a firm stance in what we believe in
- To be supportive
- To embrace new beginnings
In my third book Mother Nature a Bridge to Conscious Living, I offer meditations with trees while hiking at Olympic National Park. There is plenty of space to journal your thoughts throughout my book. Below is a poem about trees from one of the poets I commissioned for the project.
In the cathedral of the trees
Silence is requested, Please
Whispering Woods, Buzzing Bees
Begging on my knees
Oh God -- Save these.
Mary Jane Kasliner
Olympic National Park - Oregon
Today, the yang metal stem combines with the rat water branch. Heavenly metal propelling the wetness of the earth. The metal element guards the lungs. Since the metal stem is building the water branch, it loses some of its energy; therefore, lungs are vulnerable today.
The metal stem is resolute in character today; therefore, once your mind is made up this morning there is nothing that will change your position. The preference is to work alone and to focus on unfinished business.
The afternoon hours take on the energy combination of the metal rat. This is a domineering type of energy that can be rather intense. Avoid competing with others this afternoon and move your focus toward financial matters. Adjusting financial portfolio bodes well today.
Mary Jane Kasliner
At home feng shui training courses!
Monday, March 13, 2017
Today the combination of earth moves to water. Earth tends to dam water and turning it into mud. To move through uncertainty and ease the friction between these elements requires mental processes. It is a day to follow a list of things you need to accomplish and stick to it. The more exacting you can be to day the better. Be precise in word and action and delegate responsibilities when you can.
Combination to the pig sets the scene for steadiness and patience so you can reach your objective. Motivate others so you can take some of the pressure off yourself today. Later in the day it is wise to enjoy family over a good meal.
Mary Jane Kasliner
Tap into Compass Feng Shui Training at home!
Friday, March 10, 2017
Japanese Gardens Oregon
After taking this picture I noticed the upward dancing tree qi (energy). The spirit of trees is amazing. The famous poet, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow writes in his poem A Day of Sunshine, how trees sound like a celestial symphony. There is so much we can learn from trees and by reaffirming our connection to them we can embrace their wisdom. Here are just a few things we can capture from tree energy.
- To be flexible in life. A tree's flexible branches allow it to withstand fierce weather. In flexibility there is strength and resilience. If we maintain a flexible position in our attitude and viewpoint, then we will naturally see eye-to-eye with others.
- Acceptance. Trees are always changing, shedding leaves, spreading their roots and sprouting new shoots. This is what keeps them alive and filled with vitality. If you accept that change is part of the natural order of all things, then your life will morph into a new vitality and zest for living.
- Take a firm stance. The deeper a trees root system the stronger it becomes. Find what you believe in and take a firm stance. By setting your roots deep success is imminent.
Ways to bring Tree Energy into Your Life:
- Include landscape artwork in your environment
- Incorporate green color hues especially in the East, SE and South areas of your home
- Choose real wood flooring and furniture
- Add health plants and flowers as accent décor
- Hug a tree
- Sit under a tree
- Take a walk in the park
- Go for a hike
- Stand in tree pose and breathe...
For more inspiring ways to learn how the power of nature can change your life read my book Mother Nature a Bridge to Conscious Living.
Mary Jane Kasliner