Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
There is a steady flow of fire and earth today in the forecast. Yin earth takes the lead as the heavenly stem. This is a receptive and nourishing quality that is available to you as you move through your tasks today. It's also a good time to reach out to others, as they will be glad to assist you in any way they can. It's also important to have a clear idea of how you are going to plan out your day. Write down what you need to accomplish, make clear and concise decisions, and stick to your approach.
The afternoon hours move into the energy of fire. Take care of public matters including PR work or marketing themes you may have been working on. Keep the passion burning for your vision and goals. If something isn't working or in alignment with your vision, then make the change today.
The combination of earth and fire evokes a more level-headed manner to your work today. Definitely err on the side of caution when finalizing any decision. Don't let others change your mind or your approach. Stick to your plan and run with it.
Other Areas of Focus Today:
- Secure networking contacts as there is potential for new business venture. The combination of trigrams really bodes well for long-term outcome.
- There is a trigger to financial gain today but does require honing in on marketing tactics. Make changes where necessary, as this is the theme that runs for the entire day - goals, vision and marketing!
- Partnership is strong for financial gain as well. Once again, the focus must be on marketing tactics.
Enjoy your day!
Mary Jane - Feng Shui Yoga girl - www.fengshuiyoganj.com
Thursday, May 31, 2018
This photo always brings back wonderful memories from our trip to Italy. Monterosso is in the province of La Spezia. It is one of the five villages in Cinque Terre. The scenery was simply amazing, the hiking challenging, and the water was so inviting.
Water is such a nourishing and soothing element. It is contemplative, introspective, communicative, and adaptable. In today's forecast, water sits upon water. Therefore, it behooves us to capture the qualities of this element in our daily affairs.
The quality of the water elements combining today is about helping others. However, it is important to know your boundaries when doing so, otherwise you can be taken advantage of. You may also find this combination is calling you to engage in outdoor activities and/or socializing with friends, colleagues or family members. Before doing so, make sure you finish your work. Be diligent as details matter today.
Additional Areas of Focus:
- There is a strong urge to figure out if you on the right path in life. Are you doing what you want to be doing for the next 10, 20 or 30 years? Devote some time today to figure that out.
- Is there a contact who is essential in putting forth new business? If so, it is time to reach out and discuss options.
- Take the lead in partnerships today. The combination of energy is strong for financial success. However, there is a definite correlation to networking contacts for this to happen.
- Strong resources for short-term income that has potential for long-term investments. This does require redirection of financial goals including redistribution of assets.
Clean out any water features in and around your home. This means cleaning out the fish bowl, water fountain or outdoors pond or pool. Clean water attracts vibrant energy!
Mary Jane - Feng Shui Yoga Girl -www.fengshuiyoganj.com
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Japanese Gardens Oregon
This is a day to delve in and run with your mission. Fire rising allows you to take advantage and carve out your new nitche. Get to the planning board and play around with some ideas. You may want to call in a few close friends to assist you in the process. You'll do much better with a group approach rather than doing it alone. Make sure you spend some time with family today as well. Plan a nice dinner without interruptions.
Other Areas to be Mindful of Today:
- Stick with the planning stage of new ventures rather than actually unveiling them. There are way too many decisions to make that require clarity. The central star is just not reliable when it comes to making sound decisions today.
- Continue your networking process today. Hone in on those who can offer you good advice. Seek a mentor if need be.
- Keep your vision and goals aligned with your actions. It is too easy to be derailed today. Slow and steady is the pace to strive for.
- Research is essential in your process today. The more you can gather right information, the greater financial results.
- Partnership/relationships are in good alignment today. Working closely with those your trust elicits great results!
- Pay attention to detail with any real estate dealings. Avoid signing a contract today, as the tendency is for something to go wrong.
- In terms of exercise today, stick with a slower moving yoga class or relaxing walk through the park.
- Include some wood and earth foods in your diet today. Citrus, greens, quinoa, beans and mushrooms are a few examples.
Enjoy working with the energetic combinations for today!
Mary Jane - Feng Shui Yoga Girl
Click here for Free Gift!
Thursday, May 10, 2018
I'm thankful for April showers, as my deck is filled with beautiful May flowers.
This month the energy of two earth takes front and center. It's a time to stick to routine and accumulate resources for a new venture. Try not to start anything grand just yet, as the tendency liens towards struggles and conflict. New friends or relationships may arise, while old ones fade away. The lesson here is to closely consider who you are choosing to be a part of your inner circle.
The energy of two - earth, also referred to as the trigram Kun, reaches a stage of maturity. Perseverance and even stubbornness are qualities you can expect to encounter this month. On the flip-side, however, two-earth also elicits a gentle kind energy that helps to offset the harsher qualities. Kun is the primal mother, and as such, there is a natural tendency to take on a nurturing role this month.
Two-earth strives for order and balance in the surrounding environment. Therefore, make it a point this month to clear out the old to make room for the new. This will require hard work and focus, two traits that are readily available from this earth energy.
I suggest starting from the outdoors to make your changes in the environment. Two-earth literally represents the planet earth and its' soil. You'll want to be mindful of recycling, composting and incorporating rockery, fresh mulch and soil into your landscape and gardening projects. Enroll a friend or two to assist you in the process. Two-earth loves partnering with others rather taking on the task solo. Furthermore, since two-earth is generally not an energy that initiates, it behooves you to follow its strong partnering energy.
If your indoor environment is in need of order, then alternate days working outdoors to indoors. This will keep the energy moving at a steady pace, which is so important for two-earth. Furthermore, by opening up energy in the internal environment, it will give you the motivation needed to move forward.
Two-earth is all about your relationships. It's a perfect month to spend time nurturing them. Go out to dinner with that special someone. Plan a day with your friends, your children or the entire family. Hit the "do not disturb" button on your phone, and keep your focus on those who mean the world to you.
Two-earth prefers earth and fire foods such as beans, potatoes, mushrooms, chicory, endive and asparagus, to name a few. Try to incorporate these foods into your menu this month to absorb earth and fire energy; two elements that work side-by-side.
Other Areas of Concern:
When two-earth is the highlight trigram for the month, the remaining trigrams move to different positions. On a very basic level, we are able to see how other aspects of our life take on this moving energy. Here are some things to consider:
- When it comes to family this month, you'll want to be clear with your goals. Bring some clarity to your direction, especially for the upcoming summer months.
- Long-term planning for finances is especially important this month. Partner up with your financial planner to review your portfolio.
- Heed advice from mentor when it comes to your personal goals this month. You'll need to make sound decisions, so make sure you take advantage of your meditation time this month.
- Resources are readily available to you this month. It does require the assistance of a partner, or someone you trust.
- Spend time with creative projects or simply reading at your leisure this month.
- Hold off on trying to start something new, as you may hit a brick wall in trying to get it started. Instead, do your research and communicate effectively what you are trying to do.
- Be mindful on the job of undermining female energy this month. Hold off on sharing any ideas with others, especially with your co-workers.
Earth is the most grounding of all the elements. To capitalize on this quality, take time this month for quiet meditation. The northeast sector is the best energy to assist with your meditation practice. Set up an area where you will not be disturbed and plan to remain quiet for at least 20 minutes. This will have a tremendous impact on how you navigate your day and week. A good chant to capture the root base chakra, which is associated with the element of earth, is LAM (pronounced LUM). You can repeat this sound throughout your meditation to awaken the root. As a result, you will feel more grounded, safe, secure and connected to others. You'll also alleviate the fear of scarcity.
Any standing yoga pose bodes well to engage the pranic roots through your feet. When we root down through our feet the ability to rise upwards significantly increases. The root-to-rise effect balances our earthly desires with our heavenly aspirations. There is a natural balance that occurs between the yin side (ida - receptive), and yang side (pingala - active). Here are a few poses to consider this month:
Happy Two-Earth Month...
Let's talk about natural accents. It's amazing how you can find harmony in nature's own palette. "Nature's first green is gold, " wrote the American poet Robert Frost in his 1923 ode to the fleeting natural world. Gold is the element of metal, and a perfect accent for the metal portents of west and northwest, or the water portent of north. Making subtle adjustments to your décor is an excellent way to celebrate the simplicity and oneness with the outdoors. Here are some examples of how you can invite mother nature inside.
When you work with the accents of nature in décor, you invite harmony into your life. From the words of John Muir; "Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees."
Mary Jane - Feng Shui Yoga Girl!
Get your Free gift here!
Get your Free gift here!
Wednesday, May 9, 2018
I love a refreshing energy day. It's a day that supports positive endeavors that promotes abundant return. It's important to be in alignment with your goals and visions on a refreshing energy day to gain the full benefits.
Metal is the active element for the morning hours. Therefore, it is best to approach your tasks with a well thought out plan. Create a check-list of all the things you need to accomplish today. Use your intuition in the process. If you are delegating tasks, make certain your instructions are clear and concise. In addition, make certain you are mindful of your communication tactics.
The afternoon hours move into the energy of the ox. Therefore, be prepared to roll up your sleeves and dig into some real work. There is a tendency to shoulder the plough; however, it may be more productive to let others assist you. You'll be determined however to take on the full load, but don't become annoyed if you think others are not doing their share.
Additional Energy Patterns:
It behooves to you take note of the following areas to gain the most out of your day.
- Reach out to those who have assisted you in the past when it comes to navigating new opportunities. They may have a new business venture or approach to what you are presently doing. It is worth the reconnection.
- Whatever you have been working on needs clarity. Revisit your intention and goals and see if you can refine your approach.
- Decide where you can infuse a creative aspect to your current project or business model. Infuse the element of "outside the box" thinking. It will pay off ten-fold and people will love it!
Overall, the energy is fantastic today. Rich resources are available to all. Take advantage of it and move through your work and projects with enthusiasm and gusto!
Mary Jane - feng shui yoga girl