|Grouding Your Space & Body|
When we are grounded we tend to be present and experience life as is. Unfortunately the tendency is to get caught up in the chaos that surrounds us whether that chaos is in our space or through the media. There are several things you can do to ground your space and your body. Below is a simple check list that you can incorporate into your life for clarity and peace.
1. Do a walk through your home and make a list of items that no longer serve a purpose in your life; then let them go.
2. Add some earthy qualities to your space especially in the southwest and northeast areas of your home. This can be one with stones, ceramic decor, checked patterns or low flat rectangular or square shapes of furnishings.
3. Keep a grounding stone on your person or desk such as smokey quartz.
4. Spray your space with a grounding pure essential oil like cedarwood.
The following are some simple tips of how to ground the body and mind. They help to awaken the root chakra that helps us to feel safe, secure and well grounded.
1. Any standing pose in yoga will activate the root chakra. Mountain pose, warriors and triangle pose are excellent choices.
2. Meditation: taking 5 to 10 minutes out of your day to sit and reflect on the breath goes a long way to ground the mind and as a result the body. Make sure you have a routine for your meditation (i.e. space and zafu cushion) is beneficial. Any pillow will do however. The idea is to have your hips higher than your knees.
3. Eating a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables. You will feel lighter and as a result be able to focus better.
Here's to feeling more grounded!
Mary Jane Kasliner - Feng Shui Master & Yoga Teacher