The element of earth is essential if you want to feel free. How? When we feel stable, an earth quality, we feel a sense of freedom. Isn't that what we all desire - freedom? So how can you infuse this propitious element into your life? Here are a few simple ways to do so:
- Spend time outdoors and absorb mother nature. The very essence of the earth stores within it wisdom and humility - two qualities that all beings should look to attain.
- Practice yoga or qi gong - two ancient practices that tap into the yin energy of the earth and allows one to cultivate love, respect, courage and truth.
- Plant an herb garden and enjoy working with the soil of the land.
- Start a rock collection and display it in the northeast or southwest portent of your home or office.Enjoy the look, feel and vibration of the stones.
- Think about earth colors (tans to brown - terra cotta) and designs (plaids or checked patterns) as accents, especially in northeast and southwest areas of your home or office space.
- Accent with low rectangular or square furnishings.
Enjoy a little bit of earth in your life and find freedom from the stability it offers!
Illustrator: Ann Curch Gagliano