There are so many simple things you can do in creating a peaceful outdoor environment. Here are just a few to get you started:
- Paint garden ornaments with yogurt to encourage lichens.
- Feed the birds in your garden. Helping wildlife is always good karma.
- Install a water feature, such as a small pond in your garden. Cultivate water lilies on the surface of the water to symbolize abundance.
- Make an arbor in your garden or backyard by trailing fast-growing climbers over a simple timber framework. Place a garden seat beneath your arbor to give you some shade in the summer months.
- Plant an herbal peace garden, perhaps positioning clumps of herbs to make the shape of a dove, a heart or some other symbolic device.
- Plant a tree or grow your own vegetables.
Have some fun creating a beautiful and peaceful outdoor environment!
Mary Jane Kasliner