I'm thankful for April showers, as my deck is filled with beautiful May flowers.
This month the energy of two earth takes front and center. It's a time to stick to routine and accumulate resources for a new venture. Try not to start anything grand just yet, as the tendency liens towards struggles and conflict. New friends or relationships may arise, while old ones fade away. The lesson here is to closely consider who you are choosing to be a part of your inner circle.
The energy of two - earth, also referred to as the trigram Kun, reaches a stage of maturity. Perseverance and even stubbornness are qualities you can expect to encounter this month. On the flip-side, however, two-earth also elicits a gentle kind energy that helps to offset the harsher qualities. Kun is the primal mother, and as such, there is a natural tendency to take on a nurturing role this month.
Two-earth strives for order and balance in the surrounding environment. Therefore, make it a point this month to clear out the old to make room for the new. This will require hard work and focus, two traits that are readily available from this earth energy.
I suggest starting from the outdoors to make your changes in the environment. Two-earth literally represents the planet earth and its' soil. You'll want to be mindful of recycling, composting and incorporating rockery, fresh mulch and soil into your landscape and gardening projects. Enroll a friend or two to assist you in the process. Two-earth loves partnering with others rather taking on the task solo. Furthermore, since two-earth is generally not an energy that initiates, it behooves you to follow its strong partnering energy.
If your indoor environment is in need of order, then alternate days working outdoors to indoors. This will keep the energy moving at a steady pace, which is so important for two-earth. Furthermore, by opening up energy in the internal environment, it will give you the motivation needed to move forward.
Two-earth is all about your relationships. It's a perfect month to spend time nurturing them. Go out to dinner with that special someone. Plan a day with your friends, your children or the entire family. Hit the "do not disturb" button on your phone, and keep your focus on those who mean the world to you.
Two-earth prefers earth and fire foods such as beans, potatoes, mushrooms, chicory, endive and asparagus, to name a few. Try to incorporate these foods into your menu this month to absorb earth and fire energy; two elements that work side-by-side.
Other Areas of Concern:
When two-earth is the highlight trigram for the month, the remaining trigrams move to different positions. On a very basic level, we are able to see how other aspects of our life take on this moving energy. Here are some things to consider:
- When it comes to family this month, you'll want to be clear with your goals. Bring some clarity to your direction, especially for the upcoming summer months.
- Long-term planning for finances is especially important this month. Partner up with your financial planner to review your portfolio.
- Heed advice from mentor when it comes to your personal goals this month. You'll need to make sound decisions, so make sure you take advantage of your meditation time this month.
- Resources are readily available to you this month. It does require the assistance of a partner, or someone you trust.
- Spend time with creative projects or simply reading at your leisure this month.
- Hold off on trying to start something new, as you may hit a brick wall in trying to get it started. Instead, do your research and communicate effectively what you are trying to do.
- Be mindful on the job of undermining female energy this month. Hold off on sharing any ideas with others, especially with your co-workers.
Earth is the most grounding of all the elements. To capitalize on this quality, take time this month for quiet meditation. The northeast sector is the best energy to assist with your meditation practice. Set up an area where you will not be disturbed and plan to remain quiet for at least 20 minutes. This will have a tremendous impact on how you navigate your day and week. A good chant to capture the root base chakra, which is associated with the element of earth, is LAM (pronounced LUM). You can repeat this sound throughout your meditation to awaken the root. As a result, you will feel more grounded, safe, secure and connected to others. You'll also alleviate the fear of scarcity.
Any standing yoga pose bodes well to engage the pranic roots through your feet. When we root down through our feet the ability to rise upwards significantly increases. The root-to-rise effect balances our earthly desires with our heavenly aspirations. There is a natural balance that occurs between the yin side (ida - receptive), and yang side (pingala - active). Here are a few poses to consider this month:
Happy Two-Earth Month...