Tuesday, May 1, 2018

FeelingTangled up?

Photo by Mary Jane Kasliner

I was walking at my favorite park the other day and was drawn to this particular tree and decided to take a photograph of it. My first impression was how dynamic and intricate the vines wrapped around the tree branches. From a feng shui perspective, I thought how these flowing vines represented the element of water. It occurred to me how nature itself is introspective. It was as if this tree was trying to tell those who pass by to spend time to move inward and discover your authenticity.

Lap three around the lake, I found myself having an internal discussion about how the elements of water and wood were meeting in this tree to support creative expression. In other words, this tree decided to take on a very creative and authentic appearance by its growth pattern. These are discussions that are very familiar to me as a feng shui teacher. Since 2005, I have trained many students in the practice and theories of feng shui. One of my favorite classes in my curriculum is the five elements. I explore all aspects of these elements including their nuclear strand. Okay, I'm a bit of a type "A" when it comes to my work. 

In 2011, my husband and I took a trip to the Pacific Northwest to celebrate my 50th birthday. It was on that trip I really moved into the workings behind the wisdom of elements in nature. This came to me during meditations while hiking through Olympic National Park. As a result of my meditations, I decided to write my third book, Mother Nature and Bridge to Conscious Living.  It never seizes to amaze me how nature speaks to us if we are willing to take the time to listen. 

Getting back to my tree photo that I took during my walk through the park; my intention was to post it immediately on my Instagram page. However, something inside me said to wait. After returning from visiting a client this morning, I decided it would be a good idea to post my tree photo with a short blog. When I uploaded the image from my phone to my blogger post, my impression of the image changed. It looked as though everything was all tangled in the tree. Then it hit me, most of the time we let our busy schedules get in the way of seeing things for what they truly are. It was clear to me that while I was in the park, my senses were heightened to the elements of nature. I really became present in that moment to absorb the quality and vibration of the outdoor environment. There were no distractions, and that is when the tree pulled me into its energy field. This is when my impression of this tree was one of creative expression. The moral of my tree story is to take time everyday and just be in the moment. There is so much more you can see and understand as a result.


Om!
Mary Jane - Feng Shui Yoga Girl!



No comments: