Your body is an extension of your environment. Honoring both is a perfect way to balance your life. If you think of your body as a means to access the world, then taking care of it is of utmost importance. If you think of your environment as a means to protect and nurture your body, then tending to it also becomes important.
It is through your body that you experience sight, sound, touch, taste and smell. Your body is made up of countless complex systems that collaborate to enable you to move, be still, to laugh, cry, and to experience pain and pleasure. Honor your environment and your body by treating them with respect and awe.
Simple Ways to Honor Your Environment:
- Assess your environment on a weekly basis for any extras things that you really don't need and remove them.
- Spruce up your walls, floors and furnishings. Move things around to create a new look and feel, especially when seasons change.
- Create focal points of interest with interesting artwork, books or sculpture.
- Infuse natural scents and soothing sounds.
- Less is more when decorating, so be mindful of what you choose to place in your rooms.
- Create an inviting look from the outdoors to draw the positive energy inside.
Simple Ways to Honor Your Body:
- Commit to exercise
- Eat healthy
- Love yourself
- Embrace challenges
- Live mindfully
- Be present
Living in an embodied state means to honor the your house; the one that houses your body and the one that houses your soul.
Feng Shui Yoga Girl