Treating your walls is the easiest and most cost effective way to impact on the look and feel of a space. Using environmentally friendly wall finishes need not limit what you can do within an interior space.
Light reflective surfaces, such as some recycled plastics, and translucent materials, like glass, can bounce natural light around your home and so reduce the need for additional artificial lighting. Eco-wall coverings, including wood, and natural fiber wallpapers add impact, character, and texture, while using eco-friendly paints keeps your home toxin free.
Here are some additional wall Eco- conscious paint ideas:
- Natural paint made from water, chalk, natural oils and clays.
- Insulating paint that use hollow glass microspheres which trap air , and act as a thermos insulator.
- Lime plaster allows moisture to seep in and evaporate out.
- Recycled glass tiles made from colored glass are great for bathrooms
- Eco-wallpaper with decorative designs
- Reclaimed lumber or paneling
For more exciting ideas and "How To" design eco-friendly spaces see my easy to navigate Eco-Design Program!
Mary Jane Feng Shui Yoga Girl: www.fengshuiyoganj.com